Thank you for your interest in joining thePlate Community! To become a member, your blog must meet the following criteria:
- Your blog must be a current, active blog that is at least 3 months old with regular updates
- Is interactive in that it accepts comments from readers
- Is written in English with a primary focus on food, nutrition, and health
- Includes an “about” section with information about the blog authors or authors and identifies the credentials or background of said individuals
- Is primarily educational and is not overly focused on selling products or services
- Does not violate the intellectual property rights of others, consistently abides by ethical blogging standards
- Displays the appropriate Community Member badge (we’ll send this to you once your application has been approved)
- You agree to our terms and conditions for membership
- To be listed as a Nutrition Expert, you must be a Registered Dietitian and provide scientifically sound advice on your blog.
- To be listed as a Recipe Guru, you DO NOT need to be a Registered Dietitian or a Health Care Professional (although if you are, that would be wonderful!). To qualify for this category, the majority of your blog posts need to be recipe-based.
- To be listed as a Healthy Eating Champion, your blog must meet the general criteria listed above with the majority of your blog posts focused on your progress in reaching your healthy eating goals.
Once your application for membership is received, you will receive an email of confirmation from Around the Plate. You will also receive your community badge and a request for a screen shot of your blog to be shared on our community page.
thePlate Community is so much more than just a blog network! In addition to having your blog listed on thePlate Community Page, members will also be eligible to participate in other fantastic blog promoting opportunities. Here is a list of of current membership perks:
- Being featured in our Spotlight - every couple of weeks a new community member’s blog is featured on Around the Plate’s main page so that everyone in thePlate community can come stop by and say hi!
- Having your blog post’s featured on AtP’s main page - the Around the Plate interns scour our community blogs and pick their favorite posts from each member category to write about and share with our readers.
- Receive products to review and giveaway on your own blog. Occasionally we get a few sponsors that allow us to share products with our bloggers for them to review or giveaway on their own site. For example, this month we are shipping out goodie bags to our members with 5-7 products to keep and review on their site!
- Special promotion of your products, services, giveaways, and reviews. If you have something special you want to share with the rest of the community, you can let us know and we’ll help promote it.
- Receive our exclusive community weekly e-letter. Each week we send out an email to all of our members to share additional member-only opportunities, including special group features, giveaways, and reviews.
- Exclusive access to thePlate Community Writer’s Club. Our members have the opportunity to join our exclusive writer’s club where we provide a weekly list of “hot topics” that members can write about and get published on our website.
- Participate in thePlate awards! Each year we host an award ceremony to name the top food and health bloggers in thePlate Community. This is a great opportunity to highlight some of the best bloggers in the world of health.
- Receive member-only rates to our virtual summits and workshops. Around the Plate will be launching virtual summits and workshops this year and you won’t want to miss out on the discounted pricing you will receive as a member.
FAQs about Membership
What is thePlate Community?
thePlate Community is a place where nutrition experts and everyday people connect. Nutrition experts, recipe gurus, and healthy eating champions will all join me, the girl behind the plate, to share nutritional wisdom, personal experience, and cooking know how to get us all back on the road to not only healthy eating, but healthy living.
Are there any fees to join thePlate Community?
thePlate Community is a part of Around the Plate, a website dedicated to providing realistic and accurate nutrition information to everyday people. Around the Plate was created back in 2009 by Kati Mora, MS, RD (aka the girl behind the plate) and it her hope that thePlate Community will continue to make Around the Plate the premiere online source for realistic and professional nutrition information.
No, but you DO have to be a Registered Dietitian to be considered a Community Nutrition Expert. A Registered Dietitian is the nutrition expert and has undergone extensive training to become one. You can learn more about what a registered dietitian is and where you can locate one by visiting the American Dietetic Association’s website.If you are not a Registered Dietitian, you can still be apart of the community. In fact, every person looking to become a better eater or looking to learn more about nutrition is essential to this online community.