On this episode of the Side Dish with Aaron and Kati Mora, MS, RD, we talk about the importance of feeling good about yourself and your body. Aaron and I welcomed our friend Bri Luginbill to join us too since she is becoming somewhat of an expert in figuring out unique and powerful ways to promote and change the way we view ourselves and the people around us.
Bri is the founder of the Go Boldly campaign, a photo-inspired movement that is taking the West coast of Michigan by storm. We posted recently about this campaign and the impact its having in Michigan; however, we’re excited to have Bri share more details behind the reasons why she started this movement and what she hopes will happen because of it.
And SPOILER ALERT! Bri’s going to be sharing real-life stories from behind the camera with us here on Around the Plate a few times each month. Since feeling good about your body is really a launching point for eating well, it seems like the perfect pairing to us. Actually, I don’t think I could be any more excited!
So after having a few conversations with Bri over the past few months, we knew that she was the perfect first guest for us. Yep, this is podcast #1 for Aaron and I. We hope you enjoy getting to know us a bit better and find our guests as inspiring and motivating as we do.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- Some alarming body image statistics
- Simple ways to begin changing the way you view your body
- How body image and healthy eating are related
- How you can get involved in the Go Boldly Campaign and promote a healthy body image in your own community
- What it’s like to be a model for the Go Boldly Campaign
- We’ll also answer the question “Is the scale the best way to track changes when it comes to weight loss?”
- We will also discuss how body image issues aren’t just something women experience, men do too
- Almost everyone struggles with body acceptance, you are not alone
- Body image issues aren’t gender-specific; both men and women can struggle with body acceptance
- We often change the way we eat to feel better about ourselves, but its not sustaining! Instead, feel good about who you are and then eat to support and maintain that strong, confident version of yourself
- If you are looking for a way to start promoting healthier body images or are looking for inspiration, the Go Boldly campaign is a great way to do just that!
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Contact Bri to get your photo taken or to share your own story!
- Go Boldly, Love Your Body on Facebook
- Support Go Boldly by Buying a Tshirt
- Go Boldly website
- A Beautiful Body project
- Love Your Food campaign
- Eat at Home campaign
Listen to this podcast on iTunes.