Download file: #002: How to Grill the Right Way with Courtney Stinson, RD
On this episode of the Side Dish with Aaron and Kati Mora, MS, RD, we talk about how you can begin grilling the right way. Okay, so there isn’t exactly a right way to grill, but there are many ways to grill in a way that promotes better health and better flavor.
Today on the show we have a good friend and colleague of ours joining us. Like me, Courtney is a Michigan-based registered dietitian and mom. She’s super creative and full of great ideas and it felt wrong to keep her wisdom all to ourselves.
Recently Courtney shared her grilling knowledge at Polly’s Country Market in Jackson, MI and we took note. We HAD to pick her brain on what she’s been up to and how she’s encourage people to break out their grills and think beyond brats, dogs, and burgers.
In this Episode We’ll Cover:
- Creative ways to take your meats up a notch – and keep ’em healthy!
- How flavor can be an indicator of good nutrition
- What the best nutrient-rich foods to throw on your grill are
- The benefits of grilling with beer and wine!
- Grilling can be a nutritious, healthy cooking style for you and your family.
- Adding flavor to your grill routine is a great way to increase nutritional value and reduce carcinogen risk.
- Make sure your grill is clean when you start and that you allow your grill grate has time to heat up before you get started to prevent food from sticking and to keep your food safe!
- Don’t limit yourself to just the foods you know – think outside the box and keep eating healthy fun!
Items Mentioned in this Episode:
- Instant Read Thermometer
- Chimney Starter
- Large Tray
- thePlate Boutique
- Cooking Light magazine
- Your local library
- Courtney’s Facebook and Twitter page
- Courtney’s Blog
- Around the Plate’s Weekly Update
Listen to the podcast on iTunes.
Question: What’s your favorite meal to cook on the grill?