If you are like me, I’m always looking for healthy snack alternatives that both my boys and I can enjoy. Given that my oldest is
super moderately picky, it can sometimes be a challenge, but I never give up. We’re always on the look out for nutritious and delicious foods that keep our stomachs full and happy.
Our latest experiment was with a head of cauliflower. Now I love cauliflower! I could eat raw, steamed, blended – you name it. But the boys need a little more pizazz than I to make this veggie more palatable. That’s why I decided to amp up the flavor with a little garlic, feta, rosemary, thyme, sea salt, and cumin. The verdict? DELICIOUS!
Recipe: Roasted Cauliflower with Feta
1 large head of Cauliflower
3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
2 cloves Garlic, chopped
Cumin, to taste
Sea Salt, to taste
Rosemary, to taste
Thyme, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Seperate the cauliflower florets and place in a bowl. Add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic, Cumin and Sea Salt to the Cauliflower. Toss lightly.
3. Place the cauliflower on a sheet pan in a single layer and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cauliflower browns on the edges.
4. Remove the cauliflower and place back in the bowl. Add the feta cheese, rosemary and thyme. Mix together.
5. Place the cauliflower and feta back on the sheet pan. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
6. Serve and enjoy!
this recipe makes approximately 6 servings
serving size: 1 cup
Calories: 139 calories
Total Fat: 12.2 grams
Saturated Fat: 3.9 grams
Total Carbohydrates: 6.4
Carb Choices: <1
Fiber: 2.1 grams
Protein: 4.7 grams
Cholesterol: 16.8 milligrams
Sodium: 323 milligrams (you can reduce this amount by adding less sea salt)
Whether you eat this snack fresh out of the oven or pack it as a cold snack in your ECODipper for the following day, you’re going to enjoy this dish. In fact, you’ll probably want to eat it every single day. Its that good, I promise!
The Girl Behind the Plate,
Disclaimer/Disclosure: The team behind the plate created this recipe on behalf of ECOlunchboxes. We don’t receive financial contribution for developing these recipes, but ECOLunchboxes does promote and share them with their customers and fans. We also carry a few of their products in thePlate boutique. We just though you should know. For more information on our disclaimer and disclosure policies, feel free to check out our Legal page.