I love getting creative with recipes. And although it may seem like most of the recipes I create are by-the-book, straight-forward ideas, often times they are the result of my impressive absent-mindedness. In fact, I often leave the grocery store missing items on my list or leaving them on top of my car. That never ends well. But they say necessity is the mother of invention, and when you’re missing one, two, or even three essential ingredients your recipe calls for, you have to get creative.
This time, the missing ingredient wasn’t the result of my forgetfulness though. No, this time it was the store’s fault – they ran out of strawberries!
You see, I was going to make double-stuffed chocolate strawberries, but without the strawberries that’s pretty hard to do. So instead of completely giving up, I got creative and put the following in my cart:
Graham Crackers and Chobani’s 0% Strawberry Greek Yogurt
At home I had some leftover chocolate baking chips – you know, for those double-stuffed chocolate strawberries. Combine the three and you have a fabulous treat that not only grown-ups will love, but the kids will too!
Recipe: Chocolate Strawberry Graham Cracker Dippers
6 graham cracker squares, each broken into two pieces
2 oz. Strawberry Yogurt (we used Chobani’s Strawberry Greek Yogurt with fruit on the bottom)
20-30 Chocolate Baking Chips or about 1/2 a bar of Baker’s Chocolate
1. Put the chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 20 seconds. Stir and then reheat. Continue to reheat in 20 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is completely melted.
2. While the chocolate is melting, you can start working on the dippers. Place a thin layer of yogurt onto one of the graham cracker pieces (1/2 a square). Place the other graham cracker piece on top and gently press together to evenly coat the yogurt. Repeat with all of your graham crackers pieces until you have 6 graham cracker/yogurt sandwiches.
3. Dip one end of the graham cracker dipper into the chocolate, fully coating the end. Flip the graham cracker dipper over and coat the other side. Repeat for all of the graham cracker dippers.
4. Place the chocolate-covered graham cracker dippers on a plate and place in your fridge for about 30 minutes so the chocolate can set.
5. Once the chocolate has hardened, serve and enjoy!
this recipe makes 2 servings
a serving size: 3 graham cracker dippers
Calories: 147 calories
Total Fat: 4.4 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.6 grams
Total Carbohydrates: 23.5 grams
Carb Choices: ~ 1 1/2
Fiber: 1.3 grams
Total Protein: 3.8 grams
Sodium: 111 grams
Cholesterol: 0 grams
Our kids devoured these! And if you want to boost your kids fruit intake, this snack pairs really well with strawberries – or, if yours have all gone missing, grapes. Both will fit nicely into the ECOLunchboxes Solo Cube if you’re looking to make this snack portable or easier for your child to carry to the table.
The Girl Behind the Plate,
Disclaimer/Disclosure: The team behind the plate created this recipe on behalf of ECOlunchboxes. We don’t receive financialcontribution for developing these recipes, but ECOLunchboxes does promote and share them with their customers and fans. We also carry a few of their products in thePlate boutique. We just though you should know. For more information on our disclaimer and disclosure policies, feel free to check out our Legal page.